Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Double, double..."


     This photo was taken by my three year old granddaughter and she's in the picture!  We were at her soccer game and she asked if she could take some pictures with my camera. I will admit that I cropped out her Dad's shirt sleeve at the left and the opposing team standing across the field. This little section of the photograph reminded me of the 3 witches from Macbeth who chanted "Double, double, toil and trouble: fire burn and cauldron bubble." In actuality, it's her very pregnant mother to the left, my granddaughter and her Uncle Barnaby in the center and me on the right. We're on the sidelines, whipping up our own chants for a win.
     Yesterday was a lazy day and it came along at the perfect time. I was at home, taking it easy and I needed a day like that. I had some dental work done last week and you all know how much I hate dental work. A shot in my jaw left me with pain in my jaw and neck. Two days of rain just added to an over all sense of misery. Now that I have a crown on the afflicted tooth, things are looking up. I am healing. 
     Last week, I saw a newscaster on television who had teeth whiter than the whites of her eyes. It was so distracting to watch her talk with those fluorescent teeth. The other day, when the dentist held up the new tooth she'd sculpted (with the aid of a fancy new 3-D computer - printing system) for my mouth, I couldn't help but think of those pearly whites giving the news. My tooth was a little lighter than a Frosty from Wendys. It had earth and coffee tones whipped into a natural tooth color. The dentist and her assistant stood there in their white coats as we three admired the wonders of modern dentistry. Then they set about making magic in my mouth.

No comments: