Monday, February 13, 2012

Let It Snow - Day 13




     According to the local weather report, snow is coming our way. It's been a mild winter and the snow that's coming our way should'nt be more than 2 inches. I can live with this forecast.
     Today started out troubling. I went to the McDonald's restaurant near my workshop. I got a chicken biscuit and a large cup of black coffee. Well, that's what I ordered. I picked up my stuff at the window and headed back to the workshop. I chewed around on the biscuit then took one drink of that black coffee and almost did a spit take!
    It had sweetener in it and when I gazed into the drink hole - it had cream too. This is not good news for a lactose intolerant person!
    I went into a mini-panic. "The day cannot start like this!"  If they had screwed up my sandwich order, I would've made the best of it, eaten the sandwich and moved on with my day. But to screw up the coffee is unforgivable!
    I loaded back into my car and drove the 4 blocks to claim my vengeance! I explained to the lady behind the counter that I had just come through the drive through, ordered black coffee and received coffee with creamer AND SWEETENER!
    She calmly took that full cup of coffee, dunk shot it, perfectly, into the trash can and poured me what I needed. The day could not start out like that for her, either.  Happy snow, sports fans!



No comments: