Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Day - Day 22



     It's been a good day!  The weather was sunny. Actually, it's been a mild winter here in Indiana. We haven't had more than a couple of inches of snow all winter long, at least not yet.
     You've probably noticed by now that I use a lot of nature scenes in this blog. The truth is, I love trees. Members of my family call me a "tree hugger." I assume that mantle gladly. I find more peace and serenity in the forest than anywhere else on Earth.
    I got to work this morning and talked at length with my best friend, Ruth. She is going through some worrisome stuff this winter. Yet, she has the best attitude. She inspires me to be a better person.
    I also did a lot of running around for Philip. He wanted me to check on a rental of his in Anderson. The young couple living there have moved out and he wanted me to check the condition of the unit. He also asked me to take a deposit by the bank; fifteen minutes before the bank closed, I am rushing across town to get that deposit made because that is when I remembered that I was suppose to make the deposit. Then he called me to take a key to a tenant who needed access to another area of their building.
    I had to take the key to the tenant's workplace, which was a nail salon. I walk in there and immediately regretted that I hadn't donned my has mat suit. The place was reeking of nail polish - or acetone fumes. I could have stripped a car in that shop. Then I noticed her school aged daughter sitting in one of the salon chairs. The girl must have been 8 years old. And I was freaking out. I told the lady that she needed to have better ventilation but she concentrated more on asking me if I knew anyone who could install shades in their shop. I thought to myself "It's gonna be shades for all of you if you don't get this place aired out!"

No comments: