Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rocky End - Day 28


    This is an old house in Anderson, Indiana. I took the photo because I thought the house looked like it could have been a stunner in it's youth. I liked the color, I liked the shapes, and I especially like the mysterious stairway between the two wings.
    I wanted to submit one more rock story because, well, I like it. Here goes:

Telling Philip -

     Before I told Philip my story idea, I had to prepare him. You see, he's a critic. He'd tear up an anvil just to see what makes it heavy. And I'm kind of sensitive, especially when it come to my creativity. If someone says or even hints at "dumb" - I immediately drop it.
   In a burst of enthusiasm , I say, "Phil, I've got this idea for a book." He listens.
"This is big, really big!. This may be the one thing I've been living my whole life to do. I may even need to get extra people to help me think it through. It's that big!"
    He says "Well, tell me this, what would be your father's reaction to the idea?"
So I think a minute and say "Girl, what's the matter with you?"
Philip says "What would be Kora's reaction?"
I say "Mom! That's a great idea! Go for it!"
So then I tell him about the rock stories book. He is grinning the entire time and when I finish he says "Just one thing, when you write it - change my name."

No comments: