Monday, February 27, 2012

Trouble on the Mountain - Day 27

     I was in Anderson today. Phil asked me to help get an apartment cleaned up and ready for a renter.  So I was pulling what must have been 1 million nails, tacks, and staples out of the floor. I guess who ever installed the carpet, many years ago, must have worried about the carpet flying away because that thing was stuck down!
    Phil had come to Anderson too. It was beautiful outside, so he planned to do some patching on the roof of the Lincoln Street building.
    He came by the apartment to check on me and to invite me to lunch. I dropped everything and went to lunch with him.  After lunch he brought me back to the apartment and I got back to tack pulling.
     Shortly, my phone rang. It was Philip. He asked me if I was finished the tack pulling, There was a hesitancy in his voice. "Just about." I said. I sensed that something was bad wrong.
   "Are you OK?" I asked.
    "Yeah, I'm OK. I might need your help."
    He proceeds to tell me that he had gone up on the roof to find a section of the rubber roof sheeting blown off. As he tells me this, I could hear him breathing kind of heavy. According to him, a 6 foot by 78 foot section.  "Seven or eight foot?" I asked. He clarified "78 foot."
     I immediately headed over to help. I'll finish this story up tomorrow as we were working past sun down and I am bone tired tonight.


No comments: